Oct 1, 2007

Today is...

...the 125th anniversary of Tottenham Hotspur, making Oct. 1 a very important date in the history of the sport. Especially if you're a Spurs fan, which (full disclosure time) happens to apply to yours truly.

That doesn't mean I intentionally chose this date to start the blog. Nor was it inspired by the amazing game played at White Hart Lane earlier today. The truth is I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. You see, soccer (or if you prefer, football) is my life. It is as much part of who I am as my dashing good looks. Maybe even more so, because at some point I will presumably lose my good looks but my infatuation with soccer will remain.

This isn't about me though. Nobody wants to read about me. And believe it or not, I don't want to write about me either. I want to write about the world's most popular sport. And that's what I intend to do.

So here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment