Nov 29, 2007

CL Matchday Five Claims Last Of The Unbeaten

With Arsenal and FC Porto losing their Champions League games this week, there are now no unbeaten teams left among those still alive in European (UEFA Cup or CL) competitions. Three teams (Chelsea, Man U, Barca) are unbeaten in champions league competition and several others have not lost in their domestic leagues (Arse, Liverpool, Porto, Benfica, Ajax, to name a few) but as far as I can tell everybody who is still playing in the UEFA Cup or UCL has lost at least once this season.

There are several unbeaten teams from non "Big Four" leagues that do not play in Europe: Beitar Jerusalem, Wisla Krakow, Romania's CFR Cluj, Partizan Belgrade and CSKA Sofia, who shouldn't really count because they lost their UEFA Cup series to Toulouse on away goals, while not losing either game. Actually, Partizan Belgrade was forced to forfeit their UEFA Cup games with Mostar, which technically counts as a loss but I'm including them here because, well I'm a nice guy.

There are also teams from minnow leagues that are unbeaten: Olimpik Baku in Azerbaijan's Yuksak Liga, Georgia's FC Zestafoni and Moldova's Sheriff Tiraspol, to name a few. I think there might also be teams in Andorra, Cyprus, Luxembourg and San Marino but I'm not going to go there (I'll be the first to admit I have no life, but seriously, I need to establish limits somewhere).

No comments:

Post a Comment