I gotta be honest, I am not familiar with any of these names. Maybe that's because none of them are East Coast. Or maybe I'm just clueless. A potentially positive sign is that there are many midfielders among the group (midfield being one of U.S. teams' traditional weak points). Also only one goalkeeper, which is a position we don't actually need any help with.
- Eric Avila, midfield, age 20. Hometown: San Diego. Current teams: UC Santa Barbara, U.S. Under-23 National Team.
- Tony Beltran, defense, age 20. Hometown: Claremont, Calif. Current teams: UCLA, U.S. U-20.
- Josh Lambo, goalkeeper, age 17. Hometown: Middleton, Wisc. Current teams: Chicago Magic FC, U.S. U-17.
- Chance Myers, defense, age 20. Hometown: Thousand Oaks, Calif. Current teams: UCLA , U.S. U-23.
- Alex Nimo, forward, age 17. Hometown: Portland, Ore. Current teams: FC Portland, U.S. U-18.
- Patrick Nyarko, forward, age 22. Home town: Kumasi, Ghana. Current team: Virginia Tech.
- Ciaran O’Brien, midfield, age 20. Hometown: Tacoma, Wash. Current team: UC Santa Barbara.
- Brek Shea, midfield, age 17. Hometown: College Station, Tex. Current teams: Texans FC, U.S. U-18.
- Rob Valentino, defense, age 22. Hometown: Cave Creek, Ariz. Current teams: Univ. of South Florida, U.S. U-23.